Thursday, August 13, 2009

'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run.

Today was my last day as a summer 2009 intern at Rolling Stone.

It was a busy day, really almost a day like any other. Except this day began with me checking in with Human Resources to make sure all my papers were in order, and ended with me turning in my Rolling Stone badge to them. I said goodbye to my boss-in-the-office, Caryn, and almost wept. This summer has just been so mind-blowingly amazing, I couldn't help myself. These people have changed my life. I wore the same outfit I wore on my first day at work - not necessarily on purpose, but I realized this morning and it seemed right. After work, after the brief almost-teary goodbyes, after waving to the fabulous Rob Sheffield one final time, I got my things together and headed out with my lovely co-interns. We went to dinner at a nearby burger joint (that had veggie burgers!) and we chatted and settled into the idea that the summer is almost over. I'm still getting used to the idea that I'm going back to Texas in just over 24 hours, really. It's hard, it's sad, it's exciting and fun. It's lots of things all at once.

I'm sure I have updates for you, like spending time with Jason Soudah wandering around New York and getting delicious hot chocolate, like rapping with Caroline yesterday for some crazy project that I pray doesn't make me a sadly-unfortunate viral internet star, like soaking in the last of the city. I'm getting a bit sick, and I'm hoping it holds off for one more day - tomorrow I'd like to hit up Strawberry Fields/the Dakota apartments, see "It Might Get Loud," do my laundry and pack, and see Martha Wainwright at Summerstage. If I don't get to do all of it, it's ok, 'cause I'll be back. There's tons more to say, but it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment