Thursday, June 4, 2009

I know New York, I need New York, I know I need unique New York.

I'm settling in! It's been a week STUFFED with activity. I wanted to keep better track of everything, but I think (with all of the stuff I still need to do, i.e. begin my online history courses, do the work for the internship course, sleep and work out someday?) I will stick to a brief recap, touching on highlights that I can remember.

I love where I work. I'm not always super busy, but now that I know this is the case, I'm going to bring my schoolbooks with me to work. During downtown, I'll knock out some chapters or something. And then, of course, when I end up bringing books and suddenly am busy every second of my day...that'll work out, too! Anyway, the location of the RS office is PRIME. I love being in the Rockefeller Center/Times Square bustle. The subway can be a little crazy, depending on when I'm riding it (the ride home is always insane). But it's all a part of the experience! And now that I have learned to listen to my iPod on my ride, it's much more pleasant.

Loving the roommates, they are fantastic ladies. I'm still meeting people and getting to know people, and there are high points and low points with that. Sometimes people surprise you in a good way, and sometimes, they surprise you in a not so good way. It's OK, though, because it all helps me figure out myself a little bit better.

Speaking of that, I haven't really had ANY "me" time yet, so I'm really hoping to find that. I know I'll get it when I exercise, at the very least. I'm going to run tomorrow, probably just on the treadmill in the gym, but maybe at C. Park if the weather is nice enough.

I really, really enjoy my co-interns. I finally met my third today, and he is just as nice as the first two. That makes the work environment a lot better, of course. He's a HUGE fan of The Smiths, which made me think of Edward.

That's the one drawback, I guess. I think of people I love back home, and I miss them so, so much. I wish I could just magically transport all of you here to be with me. Then it'd be just perfect! I guess that makes the busyness welcomed, though - I haven't had a whole lot of time to think about who and what I'm missing. Cheap stuff is a big one, though:P

Tonight, I am going to dinner with some residents, and then who knows? Part of me wants to get to bed early because I'm exhausted, but the other part says, I don't have to work tomorrow!!! Time to live it UP! We'll see which part wins out.

David Byrne plays a free show Monday that I'm going to try like everything to get into, and I'm going to see Josh Ritter play a free show with Jessica and and friend -

OK, so I was writing this up at work, and had to get BACK to work, so I know that was an awkward and abrupt place to end, but it's time for me to get some rest.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment